Looking for a change from the traditional lasagna? You’ve found it here. All you have to do is make this Lasagna pie for a different flavor, texture and savory experience. You don’t have to make the pie dough from scratch; you can easily use bisquick in this recipe. Here is our brand-spanking new recipe w tried last night – let’s just say after making one Lasagna pie for a family of four – it’s already gone!
(You may want to make two, just in case)
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Oven Temp: 350°F
1 pound Lean Ground Beef (or ground turkey)
• 1 can (12 oz) Tomato Sauce
• Salt & Pepper to taste
• ½ tsp Italian Seasoning
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
• 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
• ½ cup Cottage Cheese (drain excess water)
• 1 cup Milk
• 2 Eggs
• ½ cup Biscuit Baking Mix
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F
2. Cook beef or turkey in skillet over medium heat with garlic until brown
3. Drain fat and add tomato sauce and seasonings
4. Slowly stir in both cheeses saving about 1/3 of the cheeses.
5. Evenly spread cottage cheese onto the bottom of 9 inch pie plate
6. Spread meat mixture over top
7. In a separate bowl mix together milk, eggs and biscuit mix until no longer lumpy. Pour over meat layer until completely covered.
8. Bake at about 30 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
9. Remove from oven and sprinkle reserved cheeses overtop.