Not everyone has the time they’d like to make traditional lasagna. Let’s be honest, it does take some prep time and we don’t always have the time or the energy to prepare an incredibly tasty lasagna the good old-fashioned way. We do have a solution for this dilemma though!
This is where our skillet lasagna recipe comes into play. As long as you have the ingredients on hand, you will have great-tasting lasagna faster than you can spell it – well, okay not that fast, but you get the idea.
Skillet Supreme Lasagna
Prep Time: 30 min
Oven Temp: 350°F
• 1 lb ground beef
• 1 green pepper, diced
• ¼ cup chopped onions
• 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
• Salt & pepper to taste
• 1 16 oz can of stewed tomatoes
• 1 can of tomato paste
• 2 cups cottage cheese
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 6 oz cooked lasagna pasta
• 1lb shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Brown the ground beef in skillet. Once almost browned, add onion, garlic, green pepper.
3. Slowly stir in tomatoes and tomato paste. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. In a separate bowl, combine cottage cheese and eggs together. Mix well.
5. Place half of the cooked lasagna noodles on the bottom of 8×12 baking dish
6. Pour about half of the cottage cheese mixture, meat sauce mixture and then cheese into dish. Repeat until you have no more noodles left. Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese over top.
7. Bake lasagna for about 45 minutes or when cheese in lightly brown and bubbling.