Don’t know what to serve your last minute guests? You could always serve them the good ol’ standby veggies & dip, chip and dip or spinach dip and sourdough bread – but hold it right there – you do want to impress your guests right? Appys really do set the tone of the party. After all, food (at least in my family) sets the stage for the entire evening! So, the solution to this is Lasagna Dip. Yes, you read that correctly!
This recipe is easy and can be made within minutes. All you need are a few ingredients that you probably already have stocked in your pantry or fridge. Whip this one up when you have last-minute company or need to bring an appetizer to a party but don’t have time to create one.
It is fool-proof; it is easy and so darn tasty! The first time we served this, we had at least 4 guests come up to us within the first hour asking for the recipe.
Have we sold you on it yet?
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 onion, minced
• 1 cup green pepper, diced
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• ½ lb ground beef or turkey
• 1 cup pasta sauce
• Salt & pepper to taste
• 1 tsp Italian seasoning
• 1/2 tsp sugar
• One 8 ounce block of light cream cheese, softened
• ½ cup mozzarella cheese
• ½ cup aged shredded cheddar cheese
• Crackers or garlic bread for serving
• Preheat oven to 375°F
• In a large skillet, heat up olive oil over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until transparent and fragrant. Add green pepper slices
• Add ground meat and season all of the spices. Continue cooking until meat is browned
• Stir in the pasta sauce and ½ tsp sugar. Cook on low for about 5 minutes
• Grease an 8 inch baking dish with butter. Spread cream cheese on the bottom
• Spread meat mixture over cream cheese and top with shredded cheeses
• Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned and bubbly