You’re sitting at home on a Friday night watching your favorite movie when suddenly you feel hungry. Well, you’re not necessarily hungry, but you do have a craving for something cheesy, savory and delicious. You head over to the fridge and realize you have nothing but tasty, packaged ingredients including cheese, veggies and more cheese. This recipe won’t take long to make, it’s simple, quick and will have you and your friends fighting for the last piece of crunchy, gooey goodness.
CATEGORY: Appetizer/Main Dish
PREP TIME: 25 Min
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 8 ounce cans tomato sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sliced green pepper
- Sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped finely
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 16 ounce loaf of French bread, cut in large pieces
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and heat up oil in skillet.
- Add the tomato paste, tomato sauce, green pepper, mushrooms, milk, oregano and sugar. Season with salt & pepper. Let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the parsley, ricotta, Parmesan and egg yolk.
- Lightly toast bread pieces and then spread a layer of the ricotta mixture over top. Top with a layer of the tomato sauce mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted and slightly bubbly. Serve with Caesar salad.